U.S. Citizens and Permenent Residents
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete and submitted in accordance with admission guidelines.
Do you have everything on the application checklist? Apply online now.
1. Application forms: The University of Pittsburgh and the Department of Communication now accept online applications only. If you need assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Recommendation forms: Complete the applicant section; sign and forward to your references with your request for letters of recommendation.
3. Fee: $50.00 payable via the online application. This fee is not refundable. Applications will not be processed without the paid fee.
4. Enclose a statement of purpose explaining why you want to pursue graduate work in rhetoric and communication and why you are applying to our program. The statement should not exceed two typewritten pages.
5. Enclose a sample of your written work, which you believe represents your best effort.
6. Collect and return the following materials.
- Your Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. Information for this examination may be obtained from the Educational Testing Service, P.O. Box 6000, Princeton, NJ 08541. General inquiries: email@example.com. The GRE application requires the University of Pittsburgh Institution Code 2927 and Department Code 4599 Communication. Make sure you request that your official results be sent to the University of Pittsburgh.
- Three completed recommendations letters and forms online or in a sealed envelope from each reference. If you have done graduate work, one of the letters should be from your advisor.
- Transcripts from all of the schools you have attended and official transcripts upon selection for admission.
Application Deadline Extended: January 13
All completed applications, international and domestic, received by January 13 will be evaluated for assistantships.