Jennifer and Eric Spiegel Award 2018-19
The Department of Communication is proud to announce the annual competition for the Jennifer and Eric Spiegel Award. The purpose of this award is to encourage and foster scholarship in the department. The winner will receive a stipend in the amount of $250.00 to be applied towards your tuition.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Be an undergraduate communication major (sophomore, junior, or first semester senior).
2. Be registered in the Spring Term (2194) of 2019.
3. Be a student in good academic standing.
How to Win:
1. Write an essay on any topic that relates to: Human Communication and Technology (It’s okay to submit a paper you’ve turned in to any of your classes, or an original paper written just for this competition!)
2. Submit TWO hard copies of your essay to Dr. Meredith Guthrie (1413 Cathedral of Learning) by 5pm Friday, December 14.
3. Essay Requirements:
- a. At least 500 words
- b. Typed, double-spaced
- c. An Identification page that includes the following:
- i. Essay Title
- ii. Your Name (DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON ANY OTHER PART OF YOUR PAPER! WE WILL JUDGE THESE PAPERS ANONYMOUSLY!)
- iii. Your PeopleSoft Number
- iv. Your Phone Number
- v. Your Address (Where you’d like the check sent)
- d. Title Page with the title of the essay
- e. Your essay (Put the title of your essay on the header of each page, please)
For more information, please contact: