Jennifer and Eric Spiegel Book Award
The Department of Communication is proud to announce the annual competition for the Jennifer and Eric Spiegel Book Award. The purpose of this award is to encourage and foster scholarship in the department. In addition to the prestige that comes with the award, the winner will also receive a stipend in the amount of $500.00 to be used for purchasing books.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Be an undergraduate communication major (sophomore, junior, or first semester senior).
2. Be registered in the Spring Term (2184) of 2018.
3. Be a student in good academic standing.
How to Win:
1. Write an essay on any topic that relates to: Human Communication and Technology (It’s okay to submit a paper you’ve turned in to any of your classes, or an original paper written just for this competition!)
2. Submit TWO hard copies of your essay to Dr. Meredith Guthrie (1413 Cathedral of Learning) by 5pm Friday, December 15.
3. Essay Requirements:
a. At least 500 words
b. Typed, double-spaced
c. An Identification page that includes the following:
i. Essay Title
ii. Your Name (DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON ANY OTHER PART OF YOUR PAPER! WE WILL JUDGE THESE PAPERS ANONYMOUSLY!)
iii. Your PeopleSoft Number
iv. Your Phone Number
v. Your Address (Where you’d like the check sent)
d. Title Page with the title of the essay
e. Your essay (Put the title of your essay on the header of each page, please)
For more information, please contact: