Jennifer and Eric Spiegel Book Award 2015-16
The Department of Communication is proud to announce the annual competition for the Jennifer and Eric Spiegel Book Award. The purpose of the award is to encourage and foster scholarship in the department. In addition to the prestige that comes with the award, the winner will also receive a stipend in the amount of $350.00 to be used for purchasing books.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Be an undergraduate communication major (sophomore, junior, first semester senior).
2. Be registered in the Spring Term (2164) of 2016.
3. Be a student in good academic standing.
How to Win:
1. Write an essay on any topic that relates to: Human Communication and Technology (It’s ok to submit a paper you’ve turned in to any of your classes, or an original paper written just for this competition!)
2. Submit TWO hard copies of your essay to Dr. Meredith Guthrie (1117 Cathedral of Learning) by 5pm Friday, December 18.
Identification page with:
Your PeopleSoft Number
Your Phone Number
(DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON ANY OTHER PART OF YOUR PAPER! WE WILL JUDGE THESE PAPERS ANONYMOUSLY!)
Title Page with the title of the essay
Your essay (Put the title of your essay on the header of each page, please)
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Meredith Guthrie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. John Gareis (email@example.com)